Friday, October 14

Catching You Up






It has a been a busy time on the farm since I last posted.  Weather has been changing, cria born and an unexpected death Sigmund.  The weather could not be nicer and I feel a real rush to do all the the things I have put  off.  It is almost overwhelming.  


On Wednesday I went out to the barn, a bit late because a had a call from one of my kids that needed my attention.  I could see Delilah  in the back corral where all of them were waiting for me to feed them.  I really didn't think anything about it, so I started cleaning up the poop piles in the barn and in the corral on the east to of the barn.  I was getting ready to get the grain to feed them when I heard a little noise, certainly not a hum.  I went to the barn door expecting to find a mouse or bird being tortured by Critter our kitten.  To my surprise there was a small dusty cria stuck in the corner of the fencing.  Oh, what a surprise, as I really expected this one, at the earliest, next week.  At first I thought he was a dusty white, but I soon found him to be a beautiful beige.  Yea, a new color on the farm and one I can dye!  He has now been named Alexi Laiho by our son Isaac.  Pippi is a bit confused by it all as she recently lost a cria.  I think she will be Alexi's second mother.  Alexi only weighed in at 13#, the next day he was down to 12.6#.  That is normal for a cria to lose up to a half pound on his second day.  I am anxious to weigh him tonight.

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share