Thursday, November 3

Rain!

I was so happy for the rain.  I loved hearing the rain hitting the roof when I awoke.  It was exciting to hear the rain giving  the farm a drink, however it meant I was going to have a wet trip to the barn.  I was shocked to find it was only 37 degrees, burrrr!  The wind was gusting to at least 15 mph.  So, I bundled up and headed to the barn.  For the most part the alpacas were dry and happy, but mostly hungry.  Of course there was a lot of poop in the barn.  I noticed the cria was going outside to use the poop pile.  That certainly explained why he was wet.  I always have a towel in the barn, so I dried him off and put his cria coat on.  I don't normally put a coat on a wet cria, but I felt I had dried him fairly well and I knew he would continue to run out in the rain to use the poop pile.  This afternoon I will throw his coat into the dryer and warm it up before the evening sets in.
I thought about not separating Bess and J. Arbuckle, but I looked at Bess and how skinny she has become and knew that even with a rainy day it was important to continue separating them.  Sometimes you just have to push yourself into do the right thing.
I am back in the house, nice and warm in front of the fireplace.  Ah . . . I did make it through the first really nasty morning.  

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share