Tuesday, November 1

Halter Training, poor J. Arbuckle.

Oh, poor J. Arbuckle, today he started halter training and he was separated for a much longer time from his dam, Bess.  For halter training, I put Frederica, Priscilla, and J. Arbuckle in the catch pen.  We walked around to the right for a while, then we walked to the left for a while.  I looked at their fiber and just hung out with them.  After a while I gently placed a halter on each of the young alpacas.  Priscilla did very well, J Arbuckle and Frederica, who is already halter trained, fought the halters.  I left the halters on the three of them while we patiently walked around to the right and then to the left.  As J. Arbuckle calmed down I removed his halter, next  Priscilla's  was removed. J. Arbuckle was separated from his dam for the day.  Frederica and I took a walk around the farm, something I have not done in a very long time.  I think she enjoyed the walk down through the gardens and through the back yard. I certainly enjoyed it.

J. Arbuckle and Bess were not put together until 10 PM.  Bess was full of milk and went looking for her son as soon as the gate was open.  Ah, life on the farm. . .

Frederica on the right.
Cricket watching from the tree.


No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share