Thursday, September 29

Herd looks good

I am happy to say the herd is healthy.  We recently had an alpaca die from parasites.  We have never had a parasite problem on the farm, so it was a  real shock.  We had the rest of the herd checked for parasites and wormed.  The results came back that all were fine.  The one that died had been on another farm and the general consensus of the vets is that he brought the parasites from the other farm.  We did have fecals done at that time, but the parasite load was low enough then not to show up.  This does not diminish the death.  He was a beautiful animal with some of our finest fiber.  He is dearly missed.
When something like this happens, I always feel like I failed.  The best I can do is try to learn from the event.
It was a beautiful day and I should have been able to be productive but I just couldn't
get motivated.

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share